Skip to main content
- Wireless power is going to be awesome someday. I like Disney's (yes, really) new approach of building a metal room with kW of standing waves. They claim it scales down to a charging cabinet or up to a warehouse. Does the big metal pole have to be in the center of the room though?
- Aphyr tests CockroachDB.
- I'd be surprised at a headline reading "Suspect in North Korea killing 'thought she was taking part in TV prank'" but it's 2017 so whatever. Also, apparently VX is pretty safe for skin contact, who knew.
- Vat-grown pork edges closer with this research growing skeletal muscle from stem cell lines.
- Derek Lowe, two weeks in a row ladies and gentlemen, wishes to inform you of the constrution of a novel molecule by the physical tearing of atoms from the precursor. This might be useful per se but even if not, construction by tearing atoms is baller enough to warrant a mention.
- IEX offers 'marketdata' for free as json. (And actual market data is free too if you're in NY5. Neat.)
- Corporations are people, your Amazon Echo has first amendment rights, whatever. Boring.
- Trigger warning: politics. Here's an article on how the phones in the oval office have changed recently.