- Security, get yer security here!
- The world's second largest exporter of food (by value)? The Netherlands.
- Defeating the Spanish Inquisition with sausages.
- Is this the source of Proust's little phrase?
- How to get more bits onto your hard drive: frickin
- Etcdircd: a multi-master irc daemon backed by etcd.
- We've got all these fiber optics in the ground, let's use them for something besides cat videos. Like detecting earthquakes.
- TiDB is 1.0. HN comments.
- Telescopes! You've got your Hubble and your James Webb but that's small potatoes compared to the nonsense we could be launching. Like a 50m flower petal to block starlight so a telescope can image distant planets (pdf), an opaque disk that uses the diffraction around the edges as a giant lens that could image a hamster from orbit (pdf), and my favorite, just dump a bunch of glitter into orbit and shoot lasers at it for fun (pdf). Whoever named that last one Orbiting Rainbows wins the internet.