Skip to main content
Definitely weird: Bees don't fly during solar eclipses.
- The most exciting words in science are, of course, 'Well this model doesn't make much sense'. If the tone of that article is a bit too breathless for you, give this excellent HN comment a shot instead. Exciting!
- OT vs CRDT: fight!
- Apparently, I'm Finnish.
- Protobuffers are not universally loved.
- It doesn't matter if the cops have your DNA you know, they will find you (source article).
- It's been a rough week for state space agencies. Roscosmos had an oopsie which will not help the perception of their previous oopsie. NASA's kind of just hitting itself (but no earth-shattering kaboom so that's something).
- Flying car? Flying car!
- You can predict which side of the tracks is the 'bad' one: it's the side with all the smog.
- Ok, this Bloomberg/Supermicro thing just makes no sense. So far, almost everyone mentioned in the story (Amazon, Apple, Homeland Security, The FBI...) has pretty much denied it, and not in fuzzy carefully-precise language either. Bloomberg though is not so much giving up as doubling down despite their named source not sounding so sure.
- Finally, someone's rewriting a real operating system in rust.