Whew, what a nice vacation where nothing eventful happened in the world. I feel so relaxed.
- Amuse yourself with dancing robots and read about how they got their groove.
- Is this the new "but will it run Doom?"
- ... but will this run Doom?
- GPT: Now providing hot and cold running Avocado armchairs.
- Is this the dumbest or greatest camera/lens combination?
- What's actually involved in restoring service to a CO when it, uh, breaks? NANOG has got you covered and there's tons more in this giant pdf.
- Reverse-engineering a CPU is easy, just X-ray it and replicate the layout. And check for fake transistors (more in this pdf).
- When we get more qubits to play with, look out for solving nonlinear systems.
- Videogames may or may not cause violence but they can certainly kill.
- Look up at the sky, my children, and gaze in rapt wonder at the
- In the universe of Bad Signs, pride of place belongs to "TYPE B FISSILE RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL". Fortunately, they took care of it.
- If mRNA vaccines are more like software than biology, what can we learn from looking at the code?
- How do spacecraft keep their astronauts alive? This hour-long video will tell you all about it.
- Automation killing the ... dockhand industry? With vaccums.