The Weekly Weird - 2017-04-21
- XDP is neat, it basically lets you inject (a restricted set of) custom C that executes in kernel space on packets right in the receive queue. Julia Evans has some reports from the netdev conference: Day 1, 2, 3, and an xdp tutorial. Also two LWN articles: one and two and some discussion about using the same technique in kubernetes.
- Because you don't get enough cold war part deux news from the regular news, here are a few articles on the Soviets' maybe-still-active, honest to god, Doomsday weapon.
- A really fascinating article and blog on what exactly the function of an 'elite' law firm is.
- I can't believe I haven't linked this yet but It's The Future.
- Aphyr's Distributed Systems class.
- Is your infrastructure secure against Russian teenagers? Find out!
- Getting 2FA right is hard. H/t you know who.