Kind of lame this week, sorry.
- Fiberless fiberoptics at eleventy billion terabits per femtosecond: http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/semiconductors/optoelectronics/fiber-to-the-living-room
- But that's not awesome enough for the datacenter where clearly we need 60ghz wifi: https://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall12/cos561/papers/wirelessDC-ancs12.pdf
- I think nobody expected the robot apocalypse to start with smoke detectors: http://bgr.com/2015/02/18/google-nest-smoke-alarm-video/
- I can't even crack a joke about this Lenovo nonsense: https://infected.io/120/lenovos-superfish-security-nightmare
- Limpet is just a fun word: http://news.sciencemag.org/plants-animals/2015/02/spider-silk-dethroned-nature-s-toughest-fiber