Goodbye February, you delightfully symmetrical month.
Google released a new rpc system over HTTP/2 and a new version of protcol buffers:
- Somehow there's no ocaml implementation yet.
This is how you get to Brakebills isn't it: http://gothamist.com/2015/02/25/secret_g_train_portal_whoa.php
- "When he was seven years old, Max-Hervé George was given a magic ticket by his father. It lets him turn back the clock, to invest with perfect hindsight week after week, steadily accumulating a fortune." http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2015/02/27/2120422/meet-the-man-who-could-own-aviva-france/
- You've probably seen this headline already but Google has some neat research on a self-learning game AI: http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2015/02/from-pixels-to-actions-human-level.html
- You know the phrase "calling the shots"? Here's what that actually means: http://youtu.be/0vLVbhuzWOk?t=1m53s
- And since it led me into a youtube wormhole now you're going to have to watch the Tony awards intro from a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danBaPWT09A
- New Yorkers: more dangerous than sharks: http://science.time.com/2013/12/03/in-the-war-between-sharks-and-people-humans-are-killing-it/
- Uh, thanks fedora: https://i.imgur.com/9RymGA7h.jpg
- that sound effect http://www.breaknenter.org/projects/inception/
- Reminder that monsters are real: http://gawker.com/why-worry-about-land-sharks-when-now-there-are-land-oct-1687359330