Skip to main content
- Neural nets are roughly magic, I think we all agree on that. But they're introspectable magic.
- Did you know that you can hike from the subway to a town just outside Albany? The Long Path, indeed.
- Looking for a scifi idea to write? Genetically engineered yeast that emits hallucinogens escapes, turns sourdough bakers into drug dealers. You're welcome. Just slather a nice, thick coat of quantum biology all over and you're destined for the bestseller list.
- We hear sirens much more frequently than we think about them, I suspect. There's the "annoying" wee-woo wee-woo and BRRRRRR, the "quantity has a quality all its own", the "intellectually terrifying", and of course, the "intrinsically unsettling".
- Ceph released their latest, shiniest version: octopus and its companion Rook release.
- I'm thrilled to see folks writing more Kubernetes things in Rust:
- A Kubelet in Rust that runs WASM: krustlet
- Quality-of-life tooling to make dealing with multiple clusters easier: Kubie
- Horizontal pod autoscaling: Pangolin